Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subwoofer position with Seven Pi corner horns?
Re: Multisubs with Seven Pi corner horns [message #60813 is a reply to message #60802] Wed, 09 September 2009 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Without the right corners, I'd go with the three π or four π models. That's what they're designed for.

Of course, I'd suggest the optional JBL or AE woofers. I think you've seen from the measurements that there's no breakup up high with them and response is nice and smooth. Respectfully, I think you expect breakup and this makes a sort of psychoacoustic situation for you. Measurements clearly show there is no anomalous behavior in the passband, which is all that matters.

The midhorn is a nice subsystem to use, but it is sized for corners. It can be used outside corners, after all, just being inside provides some boundary reinforcement. This gives the right acoustic loading and keeps response flat but it does not give the same benefit in terms of directivity. You could use false walls, but I can't imagine a situation where that would work in terms of aesthetics or decor.

Give the three π or four π speakers with the higher quality driver options a serious listening evaluation. Augment them with flanking subs, just like I have. I love this setup and I think you would too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4-pi box size !!!
Next Topic: 3pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 13:53:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects