Home » Audio » Speaker » second array already in the works
Re: second array already in the works [message #60716 is a reply to message #60712] Mon, 31 August 2009 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Villain3g is currently offline  Villain3g
Chancellor
I saw that in there, but thought it was a little unclear. Because I know 10k is audible. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Next question relates to pairing the drivers. The tweeters are 92db. The woofers are at 88db. My hope is to have the tweeter line close in length to the woofers. I am afraid that they will be too loud compared to the woofers.

It looks like 12 woofers power tapered in 2,4,6 orientation is most appealing, resulting in 8.7 ohms. Would that give me an efficiency of around 98db?

If I had 32 tweeters, is there in optimal arrangement that would result in an appropriate efficiency?

Can I have different impedances for the tweeters and woofers? Does that impact the design of the crossovers? I was hoping the use parts express's 2way 3k 8ohm crossover. or will I have to build my own...

Well, thank you for your time. As you can tell I'm new to the game, but I want to learn. Any advice is much appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Comb Filtering Misconceptions
Next Topic: Dedicated horn loaded mid -- big disappointment.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 16:29:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio