Home » Audio » Speaker » shouting voices (annoying shout specially in male voices)
Re: shouting voices [message #60680 is a reply to message #60675] Wed, 26 August 2009 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
It looks like it should work..... The mid is pretty flat, and the tweeter is pretty fine. Speakers with an elevated upper bass hump will make most male voices sound thick or fat, rather than natural and real. You mid rangers don't show that hump.

You might need to adjust the relative amplifier power of the tweeters vs the mids, but I really don't see that as an issue.

I wonder if its your room, or the material that you are listening to. What kind of an equalizer did you try? Was it a DOD or is it a digital one as part of your electronic crossover? Its possible that you didn't notice the poor quality of the recording until after you listened with the line arrays. I had that happen to me.

A well-recorded male vocal such as Harry Connick's voice on the soundtrack CD from When Harry Met Sally (any track except track 1, which has harsh trumpets), or James Taylor's concert DVD Live at the Beacon theater, should be smooth and natural, with no fuzzy or low bass emphasis.

I hope someone can diagnose your problem if its not this, or if its your room.

Eric J.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Horns vs Arrays
Next Topic: Play it again Sam: Share about your line array!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 17:58:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio