Home » Audio » Speaker » using a wall of 15" woofers for bass.
Re: Multisubs/open baffle [message #60637 is a reply to message #60623] Thu, 20 August 2009 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
noviygera is currently offline  noviygera
Chancellor
Did a search, read the articles downloaded "Edge" program to do a simulation. I ran into three issues:

1. My open baffle can be as tall as the basement height allows and therefore it can stand on the floor and go up to the ceiling, like a fake wall, making a vertical "short circuit" in the room. How do I properly enter this into the Edge program? "infinitely high and low baffle"?

2. The open baffle can be as close to the rear wall as the driver/mounting allows. What kind of effect will this have, do I need to somehow compensate for this effect or take into account when modeling in Edge? And will this work?

3. I can make the open baffle slightly LESS wide than the rear wall. I was thinking of making the open space to be the area of the driver cones. Is this a good idea?

Thanks,
Herman

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Basic requirements for phase plug in horn loaded cone driver?
Next Topic: Need suggestions for a lower range horn to mate with new Mid/High horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 22:35:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio