Home » Audio » Speaker » New Pipedreams and woofer/driver horiz spacing...
Re: New Pipedreams and woofer/driver horiz spacing... [message #60631 is a reply to message #60626] Wed, 19 August 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
Its hard to say.....

When you are selling your product for $44,000, people tend to overlook the fact that you've violated a lots of physics and having spent more money than for a luxury car or a small house, that it doesn't really sound as good as it should.

My experience is that people pay no attention to research in speaker building. They just do what they want.

I spent 18 months researching every aspect of the design for my line arrays from the exact amount of insulation needed in the construction, to the tubes used for the midrange enclosures to everything. My system works as a synergy, it would not do as well if I just took the speakers and dumped them in a big box. But most people just do that, so they don't understand the synergistic concept, nor are they willing to take the time to do so.

They have to try it out for themselves, despite the fact that there is plenty of real research that tells people exactly what works, what doesn't work, and why.

Eric J.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HE indoor/outdoor speaker ideas?
Next Topic: Smoothing Effect on FR of multiple speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 05:16:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout