Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » new 4 Pis near completion finally
Re: new 4 Pis near completion finally [message #60442 is a reply to message #60438] Thu, 23 July 2009 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Theater four π was one of my most popular speakers, which probably begs the question, "why did I phase it out?" The answer is I just had too many versions and models to focus on and support, with lots of overlap in performance and cost between models. The Theater three π (which is still in the current line) did everything the Theater four π did, and in a smaller cabinet. That's why I chose to keep it but drop the Theater four.

The Stage and Professional Series four π loudspeakers are still part of the current line, they're just not identified by "series" anymore. They are now two options of the current four π offering. What was the Stage model has the Omega 15 and what was the Professional model has the JBL 2226. These were always more expensive and higher quality options than the Theater Series.

One thing that has changed is that I've done some work to update the crossover. It hasn't changed much, in fact the three π crossover is almost identical to the older one. But there are differences, optimizations for each current model that make it a better speaker. There is now also an option to use the DE250 compression driver as an upgrade over the the PSD2002.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi 4 Plans
Next Topic: Bill Epstein: Which version of 2226 - H or J?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 13:17:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio