Home » Audio » Speaker » Need suggestions for a lower range horn to mate with new Mid/High horns
An array of 8" mids [message #60373 is a reply to message #60372] Fri, 10 July 2009 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
noviygera is currently offline  noviygera
Chancellor
I was just exploring that option after talking to McCauley tech support. By the way, their support is the best I've ever come across. I talked to (I think) David and he gave me tons of useful information regarding the basics of sound reproduction and speaker designs and capabilities. Gave me advice on my system. No sales BS, just useful information that is hard to get online in a systematic way. Like Wayne from Pi Audio, also very helpful.
So it's my duty to pay them my thanks.

The McCauley has no midbass horn in their product line. However I was advised to explore and midbass array as follows: three 8" mids as in here:
http://www.mccauleysound.com/product_overview.cfm?ID=2122

I can probably build something like this myself. The idea is to have limited vertical dispersion to match that of the horn at 600 Hz.

Question: will there be any problems caused by three 8" drivers covering 150 to 600 Hz as compared to a midbass horn with a single 8" or 10"?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: using a wall of 15" woofers for bass.
Next Topic: Maggie in High Heels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 26 00:17:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout