Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help please ... from the bottom up (Four Pi questions)
Re: Help please ... from the bottom up [message #59561 is a reply to message #59553] Tue, 30 June 2009 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Psychoacoustic is currently offline  Psychoacoustic
Viscount
Just to offer a little bit of first-time builder feedback: in relation to listening room size and speaker choice, I have found that in a space 3.8 metres wide, with Pi 4 style models approx 30cm from corners and toed-in 45 degrees, the listening position or sweet spot is approx one metre behind where the sonic focal point of the speakers would intersect. In other words, the chair is about 4 metres from the speakers. If you were to scale this down to your room, and are able to change the width (4m) to the length, I'm guessing they would work well for you. I found that Parts Express in the U.S. was best for shipping costs and like you I am located outside of the U.S. Fortunately, I was able to obtain the JBL 2226 woofers locally, which amounted to a considerable saving.
In my experience, acoustically treating the room is absolutely critical to speaker performance, in any size room. Wayne has discussed these points at length in this forum. Best luck with your project. Please see the link below for pictures of the listening room:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183941&highlight=beginners+dedicated+listening+room

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Please post pictures of Four Pi Pro
Next Topic: 4PI plan with JBL 2227 & Altec 909-8A on 811B