Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Star Trek Enterprise
Re: Star Trek Enterprise [message #59533 is a reply to message #59529] Fri, 26 June 2009 09:28 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I watched the original series when it came out, then saw the reruns probably a dozen times each. It was a "TV staple" growing up.

I always made it a point to see each movie as it came out too.

By the time the Next generation series came out, I was a young man and had no time for TV. So I actually didn't see most of the series until a few years ago. I really liked them because they had updated special effects, I liked many of the characters and basically I just like this sort of thing.

One thing struck me though, and that was as good as the show was, they had made it unrealistically idealistic. I mean, I know they're supposed to have "grown" as a culture but really, we humans have been kicking around on this planet for several thousand years, and how much have we "grown" as a culture? Some, sure, we aren't doing the Aztec human sacrifices and there are other ways we've grown too, but still, we're not so different than we were a couple hundred years ago, in many ways the same as we were a couple thousand years ago. So how in the world is the Next Generation believable in terms of the human element?

That's why I liked the Star Trek Enterprise series. In it, the characters act much more like what I would expect. It is just plain more believable. It ties in with all the other series and movies pretty well in terms of timeline, and makes a very credible story from the point of "first contact" (with the Vulcans) onward. It is sort of like the original series with updated special effects. All in all, I think it's my favorite.

Still like Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Scotty, Chekov and Urura best though. Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Nick of Time (an oldie)
Next Topic: Music from LSAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 26 18:40:14 CDT 2024