Home » Audio » Speaker » Q for AudioFred
Re: Q for AudioFred [message #59501 is a reply to message #59499] Tue, 23 June 2009 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
I did listen to the Hawthorn setup, very nice. I wanted to get to John's room, but we had to leave earlish on Sat, and the room wasn't open. I did hear it 2 years ago, so was looking forward to it. I've played with OB a fair amount, so I was curious about Fred's box-only approach. I keep thinking I should drag a pair of OBs back from the garage to my 2nd floor listening room, maybe this weekend I will. The one's I have handy use a vintage EV SP-12B on top (I'm guessing close to 100db efficent) and a Parts Express 15" IB on the bottom - which needs to be bi-amped of course. Room for such a set up is kind of limited, so I'm a bit hesitant to do all the work just to find out it needs more space. In my mind one of the good things about the EV SP-12b's is that it is a single driver (does need a bit of top end help) so it does not have the horn that the Hawthorn setup uses, thus no crossover either. Sweet way to go.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Open Baffle Visaton B200 & Eminence Delta
Next Topic: Fountek Neo CD 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 10:20:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations