Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7 Pi treble edge! (How to try and reduce this?)
Re: 7 Pi treble edge! [message #59345 is a reply to message #59344] Thu, 04 June 2009 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
A very busy room, makes me feel right at home!

Honestly, I have seven π speakers in a room a lot like yours, with regards to size. It's my office/workroom and it's a lot like yours. I probably should get some foam wedges too. My room doesn't sound too bright, but I'll bet anything it would be improved with absorbent wedges on the walls adjacent to the corners where the speakers are.

If you can, try first lining the walls beside and behind the speakers. Make those as dead as possible first. Line the whole front wall, if possible, the one you're facing when you listen to the speakers.

The curtains help the left speaker, but since you say it's bright, it probably would sound better if you covered the right wall with something. The decorative cloth I see hanging near the right speaker won't do much of anything in terms of absorption.

If you want to do a test run of these ideas first, hang a few thick blankets. Space them out away from the wall a few inches. This spacing is important - it sort of catches the sound. It puts the absorbent material where it can do the most good. For starters, I'd cover the whole front wall this way, from the ceiling to the floor, wall to wall. I'd also hang a curtain on the right wall. Start there.

You can use the same method to try absorbent material on other boundaries. Since your room is small, the rear walls may be slapping you with a nasty early reflection. Might hang a blanket out a foot or so from that wall, wherever is convenient, just to see how it sounds.

These kinds of sound checks will let you know where you want wedges without having to buy them first. Once you know where you want absorbent material, you can decide how to arrange your room, your equipment, media, furniture and decorations.

Might be cool to put the equipment in the recess on the rear wall, and hang a curtain as a partition. This might double as an absorber and decoration. There are a lot of cool things you can do that will keep the treatments from being too intrusive.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message