Home » Audio » Speaker » JBL 2035HPL T/S parameters
Re: JBL 2035HPL T/S parameters [message #59310 is a reply to message #59309] Thu, 28 May 2009 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I hear you Wayne about your latest and best crossovers. I just happen to change my LF drivers so often I would go broke buying enough coils to use for the different variety/flavor of 15" drivers in my collection.

I have so far utilized in my 4 pi speaker systems the following 15" JBL drivers:

2226H, 2226J, 2225H, 2225H recone in E130 core/frame and currently the 2035H.

I also have used the Carvin 15" (PC-15 I think) and it's not too bad for a economy minded system, just lacks a little on the bottom end LF response. I also found the 2225H to be a little light on the LF response in my 3 cu ft cabs.

I also tried JBL 2240H 18" with 800hz crossover in a 3.8 cu ft cab tuned to 47hz (Drew Daniels) which turned out to be less excited than I thought it would.

I have yet to try out my JBL E145-8 drivers, but I'm thinking the E145-8 and 2225H will work out best in horn-loaded conditions.

If I keep the 2035H in these cabinets long enough, I'll get the necessary parts to build the latest crossovers.

With using a single coil and having a number of coils around here to swap out I can voice by ear to give me the best response to suit my hearing.

Nice to talk to you again Wayne!!!

Can't wait until I can post pics from my pc as I don't use a website to host my pics.

Regards, Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: finally a system that satisfies!
Next Topic: RCL 1290 loudspeaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 16:51:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout