Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I can't Believe This
Re: I can't Believe This [message #58807 is a reply to message #58804] Thu, 22 June 2006 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I`d like to answer, but don`t know the exact numbers - only estimating that there`re about 10% of the new population here, mostly from Bosnia. No one knows - most of them get Croatian documents... How many people are on some form of social aid, including early retirement...a lot. There`re a very bad situation about jobs and wages, corruption, everything.
Most of the industry is destroyed (in war or "privatisation"), especially in some parts of the country...not a good picture, really - we have a large debts and credits.
Health care has large debts, too - but, hey - isn`t everything bad. The parliament remited the debts (about $120 millions) to soccer clubs. Well, they didn`t payed the taxes or anything for years...some wicked persons said that this is not a sport anyway, but mafia-politics-business...
Hey, but what`s $120 millions of taxes when it`s World`s Cup...show must go on...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message