Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Guns
Re: Guns [message #58486 is a reply to message #58485] Wed, 07 June 2006 17:12 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree on the drunk drivers how can you not? Its a straw man really because there is no defense against DD really. But I have to ask; where is it you live? Man it sounds damned dangerous over there. What is going on?
Rifles can be used to kill people thats no brainer but they are much harder to conceal; they have a legimate purpose and they are much harder to weild in close.
I dont know how to rationalise the second amendment. It was written at a time when most people could not own or afford pistols and automatic weapons. Pistols designed back then were unreliable and mostly caused more harm to the shooter than the target. Rifles were owned by every home for a variety of reasons and yes they were used by the early colonists to arm militias for revolt. So the people felt honestly that their rifles had a value that should be protected. How the Founding Fathers would react to everyone owning pistols and semi-automatic weapons we will never know. But above all they respected the rights of colonists to self-reliance and a rifle was a part of that at that time.
The stats on deaths from handguns are accurate.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OK so I know now not to take anything you say serious.
Next Topic: O'Kay; case closed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 10:42:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout