Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Is it my Imagination;..
Re: Is it my Imagination;.. [message #58148 is a reply to message #58147] Sun, 26 March 2006 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, I guess I tend to swing both ways as I'm not a full fledged Democrat or Rep. I agree Clinton did a pretty good job. I mean-hell- there wasn't any deficit. That's saying something right there. I guess I have some reservation about his extracurricular activities, but the world is what we make of it. The whole Iraq thing really kind of burns me. I mean, I've heard of the BS that Vietnam was firsthand from my family and those that went (my uncle served two tours--one for himself and one for his brother so he didn't have to go). And I see some parallels at times. All I can do is pray for those there and shake their hand when I meet them in respect. There comes a point when you need to really reflect on why you're doing what you're doing. Just my $.02.

I guess my major beef with Democrats is gun laws. I am an avid hunter and have been since I was old enough to go. I'm the type of hunter that is not concerned with the kill, like many trophy hunters of today. I tended to archery more so than guns, but the laws trickle down to affect everything. My archery hunting (de)evolved into making and using my own osage cherokee style bows and cane arrows. It really doesn't get any more basic or difficult than that unless you're using a spear. But archery let me into the woods, alone, to enjoy the peace and solitude of it all. Many, many times I just left my gear in the vehicle to enjoy the quiet. I do still hunt with a rifle on occasion, and birdhunt on the family property a couple times a year, but archery is one of my passions--and I miss just the target shooting terribly since moving to TX.

On the Dem. positive side there is the item of freedom of speech. One I believe strongly in. I am not of the mind that the world should be so PC that people are afraid to do and say things for fear of offending someone else. People need to buck up and learn to deal with thier problems and differences. Sometimes some of those freedoms conflict with my religious beliefs, but each of us have the choice to believe or not.

I'm not a dedicated follower of politics like I should be, and really don't keep up with most things going on from day to day, so my version my be a little off.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message