Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Medicare Mess
Re: Medicare Mess [message #57915 is a reply to message #57914] Fri, 03 February 2006 07:55 Go to previous message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Doublespeak. War is Peace. Slavery is Freedom. Medicare D is helpful. VA negoitates drug prices, VA can't negotiate drug prices.

I have 3 elderly relatives that I take care of all of their business. This is a freaking disaster. No spin, first hand experience. I'm lost by this program. Setting up trusts and dealing with medicaid and regular medicare is a piece of cake compared to this. It requires projection into the future as to drug needs. Just not possible with old folks. The pharmacist here who is very helpful told me to do nothing until almost the deadline. He's really infuriated by it also. If you don't sign up, you get penalized. What the hell is that? Unfunded mandates is what that is. Feds are really good at that.
Fortunately none of mine require much medicine, but do I subscribe them to a barebones plan for now, just to get hammered later? Or do I subscribe to a bigger plan now, and get hammered now.

Actually I'm just going to go get hammered.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: State of the union
Next Topic: Hey, what do you guys think abou tthe eminent domain issue?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 05:10:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio