Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Still no coherent explanation of what legislating from the bench means
Re: Seems a stretch [message #57301 is a reply to message #57300] Fri, 04 November 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No my freind; I am clearly in favor of the Supreme Court deciding whether my neighbor can have a rocket launcher. Since the court is composed of supposedly wise and learned jurists then of course that would be prohibited. But in some states where the gun lobby is very powerfull that might be allowed by legislative permission.
That permission to own weapons like that is the government allowing; under pressure of lobbiests and special interests the right to trample on my rights as a citizen to be safe in my home.
Some would call that"Legislating from the bench." I call it reasoned examination of the law.
Thats the privacy right in action. Not to be allowed by law to do something stupid like own a rocket launcher and thereby trample on my rights to be safe.
Not to allow the government to read all of my personal coorespondence on my computor without my knowledge.
Thats my point.
So I still don't see and no one either here or in the media has given a coherent answer to the question of what exactly is legislating from the bench.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Yeah but it worked and there will be hearings thank God
Next Topic: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 07:39:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio