Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Have to learn how to post pics I guess.
Re: better qualified than.... [message #57144 is a reply to message #57143] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I'm sorry I am not sure what the situation is in Arkansas. How is it the Commerce Clause regulates abortion rights there?
The issue with abortion is whether there is a privacy right implied in the language of the Constitution. Without beating a dead horse I think in a personal vein that if that is true than it would be unconscionable to allow the states to take that right away. So I think that would be the issue at hand.
Interesting to see the arguments occuring this week on assisted suicide.
Scalia asked if allowing Doctors to use opiates to end a life would lead Doctors to prescribe opiates for the Mentally Depressed in order to make them happy. That is why I am not a fan of the court at this time; due to silly questions like that.
To tie your hands with proscriptions against ruling on anything not explicitely stated in the Constitution would seem disengenous to me.
Simply put; it seems that the Legislative power is there to accomplish anything the ruling party desires, consequently we have a Judiciary that can spread the cultural changes over a wide span.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fox news/good stuff/ Finally saying something good.
Next Topic: Peerless transformers, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 15:25:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout