Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Blockbuster
Re: When the question is late fees......... [message #5675 is a reply to message #5672] Sun, 20 February 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think Netflix is probably the reason why Blockbuster changed their business model. I was shocked to hear they did this, since the last I heard, Blockbuster made more money from late fees than from movie rentals returned before the deadline. I guess Netflix must have taken too much business. They knocked the block off Blockbuster.

Here's another funny thing. Alona always called 'em "Blockbastards." That's just what her ears heard and what she tended to repeat. I guess she didn't pay atention to the sign; Even after I pointed out how funny that was and showed her the actual name, she still called them "Blockbastards." The name stuck.

But I'm still too spur of the moment to sign up with Netflix. I do a lot of business with Blockbuster. But I always return the next night too, paranoid about the late fees. Hell, that's the reason I put a hot cam and stuff in the Olds. Gotta get those damn movies back on time.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sandra Dee died today...........................
Next Topic: Special Features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 23:09:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout