Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Non one will like this post
Re: Non one will like this post [message #56737 is a reply to message #56736] Sat, 20 August 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Charley; the propoganda thing; that wasn't the intention of the post or the film and in fact the film if you see it is strictly a music video, there is almost no conversation and absolutely none of a political or social nature. Any impression of the country in my post comes from me and upon re-reading I really don't see any positive imnpression of the country at all. I make sure to say it is dirt poor and that Castro is a sneaky lying snake. But that is neither here nor there because I have failed to make my point and that has no excuse.
First up people pimping young girls goes on everywhere. I can show, based upon the testimony of my friends who are police officers plenty of such goings on right here in NYC. So thats a non issue in terms of national character.
During the Soviet yrs the country was basically farmed out to the Communists and that explains the East German situation.
Losing a job and near starvation due to political beliefes; and where does this thing not happen?
The Cuban people here have a hatred so intense for the government their witness satements are suspect, not to mention personal agendas that come along with their expatriation.
No; I posted as a sequence of thoughts about how these people who were abandoned by the Soviets and embargoed by the U.S. to the point were there were no sources of food or mechanical means to grow or raise any
thing to eat. Lost their children as a result of U.S. refusal to allow food deliveries during the famine; rose up and created an economy with nothing but their bare hands and brains. I talk about the Cuban people; and what they did when confronted by certain starvation.
And my point was; they didn't need Wal-Marts to survive. The country; and you did not reference this issue in your reply; has returned to one of a safer and healthier country than our own. Better infant mortality statistics than we have and longer lifespans. And health care available to all citizens.
Thats really the only point I meant to make.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Did anyone win yet?
Next Topic: wal-mart