Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Krispy Kreme
Re: Krispy Kreme [message #56599 is a reply to message #56595] Thu, 11 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Wayne,

This kind of reminds me of a poll/story I once read concerning stealing. Kind of went something like this. If your neighbor was paying you to do some work around his/her house and when he/she paid you for the work they made a mistake and over paid you in cash by $50.00 Would you give the money back? Most people said yes. But if you were in Walmart and the cashier by mistake gave you $50 too much would you give that money back. A lot of people said no. They justified this by the fact that Walmart was a big company that could eat the $50 mistake. I think this is similar to the excuses given for illegally downloading music? A big industry so it's not really stealing if it's only a small percentage of what the company makes.

So my point is this. If it's a small enough amount people don't consider it stealing for some reason. I am no Saint for sure but I think stealing is stealing whether it's a $1 or a million.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: this is kind of amusing
Next Topic: wheew; you all are wearing me out here.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 20:11:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio