Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Cables
My views on cable: transparent [message #55797 is a reply to message #55793] Sat, 08 May 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree that almost all cables sound just the same. However, in my system, transparent audio cables (you'll never see them advertise in sterophile) did make a distinctly audible difference. SO i use them. They are expensive, but used, they are worth it.
The difference is becuase of the passive network boxes they put in the cable, that restrict the bandwidth of the cable from carrying high freq noise that can apparently distort music. And you know what... it works for me sicne i can hear the change quite clearly.
On the web transparent has been knocked around (mostly by other cable people i think) but IMHO they work really well. The transparent plus is the level i have...their interconnefcts and speaker combinations certainly took my system to the next level or two. YOU can go higher, but then we are talking mucho dineor, and the difference may not be huge.
my 2 cents, based purely on lsitening.
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Golden Ears
Next Topic: no rulez eh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 31 14:24:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations