Home » xyzzy » Tower » Welcome to the Republican Party
That's What Rush Has Been Saying [message #55688 is a reply to message #55687] Wed, 01 October 2008 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's a real eye-opener. Who would have thought a law passed in 1977, more than 30 years ago, requiring banks to lend in low income neighborhoods where they take deposits, would result in today's credit crisis? The video suggests I google everything, and I did. See what I found at the link below.

Once again, all trails lead back to Bush's cutback on reinforcement of existing laws. "...the Bush administration has been weakening CRA enforcement and the law’s reach since the day it took office. The CRA was at its strongest in the 1990s, under the Clinton administration, a period when subprime loans performed quite well. It was only after the Bush administration cut back on CRA enforcement that problems arose, a timing issue which should stop those blaming the law dead in their tracks..."

This video might become the swift boat of the current campaign except it's too long to be used as a tv ad. The message everybody should learn from the current crisis is to never underestimate the ability of the average American to make irresponsible choices, or the ability of the typical business executive to help him make those bad choices.

Which is why we need a canddiate with at least some integrity, like Obama, who is willing to regulate business.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: One gigabyte then and now
Next Topic: The soothing sound of running water.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 02:31:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio