Home » xyzzy » Tower » Another Bush victory....
Re: I would rather tax less and spend less... [message #55246 is a reply to message #55245] Thu, 11 May 2006 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know if you will allow me a little leeway here. Obviously people made a conscious descision that saving a couple dollars here and there is very important to them. So they frequent the boxes. But I went through the whole process of buying deck screws with a couple friends one night. We started out with getting into our cars and ended at home with a box of No 8 3" screws. The difference in price between the last privately owned HD and the Depot was about 40c. For that we had to stand on long lines; get no help with locating the screws and no freindly faces in the store.
On the opposing side we were in and out of the local HD; got some good advice and were home twenty minutes sooner. Thats a simple errand. The difficult ones are more demanding and distastefull. The moral of this storey is people are easily convinced about things that many times are either completely wrong or bad for them.
There are no bargains in life or commerce.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Deficit and why George wants one
Next Topic: Didn't Bush Swear They Were Only Looking At International Calls?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 17:50:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio