Home » xyzzy » Tower » This report seems to lend weight to your statement; Mr V
Re: Interesting site... [message #55101 is a reply to message #55100] Wed, 08 March 2006 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, of course I don't have all the answers. I can only surmise what's happening. I do know where I live it's no big deal to put the kids back into school at anytime. I believe you just tell them that you would like to quit home schooling and then they set up a meeting. The child is questioned and you bring his work with you to show where he is at. I believe that's all there is too it. There might be a disagreement about which grade he or she would be placed in but that could be arbitrated if it came about. I think that would be a rare case. Usually I believe the child is placed into the grade that he belongs in with little difficulty.

By law the school system must accept the child. I don't know what would happen if you decided to put your child back into school in 12 grade with 6 months to go. It would be interesting to see where he would be placed. If the school wanted him or her to start 12 grade over again I believe it would be up the the school to prove that the child isn't up to the level of the rest of the 12th grade students. If the child took a standardized test and was up to par I don't believe there would be anything the school could do but let him finish out the rest of 12th grade and graduate him.

I would imagine if the child was home schooled since kindergarten and you then put him or her into high school it would be a bit of a culture shock.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Say Mr V; where'd you go?
Next Topic: So in the future; will Dubai be the Democrats fault?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 15:23:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio