Home » xyzzy » Tower » An interesting quote about income taxes. Food for thought.
Re: Now you change the subject when proven to be incorrect... [message #54594 is a reply to message #54593] Sat, 08 October 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry but I have to defend myself here. As I understood our discussion it was a question about who does or doesn't pay their fair share of taxes. After re-reading the thread it still sounds like that to me.
I think if we decided to drop trying to prove a point and instead searched for the real numbers it might be different. I insist that the wealthy pay much less than their share compared to other groups. Is that a better statement of the discussion? I mean why would I care if the top 5% pay 53% of the taxes when they pay a much lower percentage of their income than I do?
Since the top 10% of the income earners make over 60% of the money then why is it fair they pay only 50% of the taxes. I am just asking here; not trying to prove anything.
Again; why should I pay 30% of my income to taxes while the richest 10% pay 8% of their income to the govt? That is my point; the unfairness of it.
You are in the same boat; you should be angry also.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message