Home » xyzzy » Tower » ABX
Re: Here's another thought [message #54285 is a reply to message #54284] Wed, 11 May 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
AK; I knew I could count on you to follow this through. We are attempting to provide the absolute best possible musical experience we can and that's why we do this; right?
It doesn't matter that good engineers build mass market equipment that measures well; they have been doing that for 40 yrs.
However; there is something better out there and we try to get it. If I follow your logic; then we are done; it's over. The vanishingly low distortion and perfect freq. response graphs mean the mass market stuff sounds as good as it gets.
So why are we not out fishing?
There is a component of music that is not being measured with the crude devices we are using; that explains why music sounds different than hi-fi. If hi-fi sounded exactly like music; that would be easy to prove; have the Symphony lip-synch the music while a stereo of enough power plays at Carnegie Hall. Saves a ton of money.
Analogy; here in NY it can be 98% humidity/70o's/and low Barometric pressure. Does that tell you if it's raining? Does it tell you if it is a nice day? I know it's a crude analogy but it is all I could come up with.
Also; I don't take this personal; I like you guys.
No one is building anything now so this kills the time.
Unless you want me to post pictures of my house and every piece of gear I own?
Yawn.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message