Home » xyzzy » Tower » Social Security
Re: Social Security [message #54166 is a reply to message #54165] Thu, 16 December 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry to hear that. So what % of your retirement will you not be getting? The massive increase in worker productivity that is occurring daily is the cushion that allows the system to function. The scare stories have been around since Roosevelt signed the bill; but the checks keep coming.
And so what if my govt. has to fund the saftey net. Thats called civilisation. When you assure your citizens they will not hunger when they get too old to work. Look at the countries that don't have a system.
They want to keep raising the age of retirement. Well you ever watch a 60 yr. old guy swinging a hammer all day? They used to give the old guys the easier jobs when they got to old to do the heavy stuff. Now they give those jobs to the women because they cannot do the heavy stuff.
Well have a nation of 70 yr olds dragging off to work every day pushing their walkers ahead of them and passing out with heart problems.
I am sure we will hear all of this soon. But I don't see the older people laying down on this one like they did for that sham Medicare drug plan. I mean how much can you give these pirates; is greed suddenly a virtue?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Follow the bouncing ball...
Next Topic: The new Borat/Ali G adventures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 01:02:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout