Home » xyzzy » Tower » Lab 12/area 51
Re: Lab 12/area 51 [message #54152 is a reply to message #54150] Thu, 09 December 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Wayne; I wasn't suggesting you engaged in subtrefuge. I just exaggerated for effect. Really wondering what the home application would eventually be from all this trial and error on the Lab 12. I understood your frustration at trying to reduce distortion in the subwoofer application so consequently assume this is an alternative possibility.
I have a funny story concerning those Jacobs Ladders. My friend lived behind the high school. His second floor bedroom window looked out over the grounds. We took one of those Jacobs Ladder transformers and connected two thin speaker wires one to each side. We waited until it was dark and then ran the wires out over the field spreading them out. Then we fired up the transformer and watched the wires in the field glow blue each time the pulse occurred. Whenever the security guards rode around we would sit in his darkened room and turn the transformer on then watch them get all bewildered as they searched for the source of this blue glow in the grass. As soon as they appeared to get closs we shut it down. Once the power died the thin wire became invisible in the dark. They looked pretty comical searching but never figured out where those lights came from.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Winter of Love
Next Topic: Ever had a hard time finding a parking space?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 02:37:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio