Home » xyzzy » Tower » :@:@:@
Explanation for power ban [message #53872 is a reply to message #53870] Wed, 18 February 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Big businesses and industrial shops, supermarkets etc were also on the power ban yesterday. Many supermarkets and butchers had to throw away lots of refriderated food as they weren't allowed to turn those freezers on either because it takes a lot of power. Losses were in the tens of millions of dollars, and now they're seeking compensation for their losses.

The ban on using all these items was imposed because the power company couldn't cope with the huge power demand especially with air conditioners on. But the opposition party of the state government (Liberal) has come out and said the reason is the Labour party (who own the power company, Wester Power) forgot to order more gas for the power station. Pretty poor if you ask me. Because of their stupidnesses, tens of millions worth of food stock was thrown away.

And Western Power threatened fines of up to $10,000 for businesses if they turned on air cons, freezers, etc. It's big talk around here now, I think it will be a while until it goes away. I don't blame 'em for wanting compensation!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Webcams across America
Next Topic: The Passion - Mel Gibson
Goto Forum: