Home » xyzzy » Tower » America's Space Program
Re: space program - longer, exceedingly condensed, and still boring! but now with tubes [message #53843 is a reply to message #53842] Sun, 18 January 2004 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sheri is currently offline  Sheri
Esquire
Well, sir .... at the risk of carrying this subject a little too far ....

I think the idea of space colonization is wonderful - however, I firmly believe that we should be MUCH further along than we are now. Since we wasted so much time and money on the space shuttle program, which never went very far, I think we should be looking in different directions.

Let's spend the money on:

1. Researching alternative fuel methods (I am tired of being dependant upon a part of the world which will always be in turmoil).
2. Under sea exploration and colonization. There is a lot of unused area and resources down there.
3. Subterranial colonization as you suggested would be good also.

Truthfully, I feel the bottom line is, in this day and age, when so many are unemployed, uninsured and worried about how to support the family, our politicians should be more concerned with looking at what is happening in the United States than in flying to the moon. Unless, of course, they would like to send the greedy ceo's who are causing most of our problems to the moon along with the illegal aliens ... Maybe they could build a colony there ...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message