Home » xyzzy » Tower » America's Space Program
Re: space program - longer, exceedingly condensed, and still boring! but now with tubes [message #53842 is a reply to message #53841] Sun, 18 January 2004 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Well sir, You have a very persuasive point and I admire that. I don't see the point a required depopulation of earth, vs., too late for space development is at hand yet.

It would be much more that just a noble idea to have a common goal between world powers, such as space colonization. If China is now the second largest oil consumer globally that should really start to ring in. It could be a short time and China could have a government surplus that will surpass the entire global economy. This would then allow them to build condos on the moon for us to live in?

There are suggestions that a meteor or some other natural phenomenon would be found on collision course with this planet and thereby offering nothing or no place.

How ever, and aside from that minor detail. I would rather to see monies and labor on a global scale be put into forward motion for a subteranial colony on this planet. First off we as humans could start the project in an atmosphere and environment we like. It would only cost mega billions instead of mega trillions since the whole transportation thing using those pesky gas guzzling, solid fuel
rockets could be set aside until they meet the Fed's new specs.

Lastly, If we burrowed into this planet we have a warm and familiar place to bail out to while we study the important things that will effect a "sealed" civilization. Underground movement and geothermal effects on building materials might head up the list alongside people trapped in a false outdoors with each other.

So I'll fire up Frank Sinatra, "fly me to the moon" playing through 300B's and settle back into ,my, vacuum

Bill

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message