Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » alpha 6 horns
Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52159 is a reply to message #52158] Fri, 23 May 2008 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Cant believe I checked the forum today, it is the first time Ive visited here in a LONNGG time! Or even had internet access at all for a long time on that matter. And when I do check the forum theres a question for me- perfect timing.

If you have visited my website recently you will notice there are no more pictures or FR graphs at all. I unfortunately changed internet service providers which also made my email address bounce back emails for a few years but have recently gone back to the same provider. They deleted all my stuff but and I cant find the backups. Kinda sucks as the descriptions are nothing without pictures. Wish I made backups while I had a chance but did not expect to ever have problems with service providers (or other issues for that fact).

The alpha 6 horns I made were +/- 2.5db from 300Hz to 2KHz and a 60x40 degree dispersion angle and are physically compact. They are conical with flat sides. Very nice sounding horns, I actually still use them after this many years. I still have the specifications on my website if you want to build the horn yourself.

I did make a tractrix prototype of this horn at one stage but preferred the conical one as it sounded better to my ears and also had a wider freq band.

Post any questions.

Wayne- hello! Long time no see. How you been? I have to catch up whats been going on in the pi speakers scene. My normal email address works again as of about a week ago too btw.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bass notes lower octave ???
Next Topic: LaScala
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 22:22:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout