Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Compression units:- Eminence vs. B&C how do they compare?
Re: Compression units:- Eminence vs. B&C how do they compare? [message #51813 is a reply to message #51806] Mon, 11 February 2008 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PaulW is currently offline  PaulW
Viscount
Unfortunately, being UK based (even with the beneficial exchange rates) shipping costs make anything but the PCB's prohibitively expensive. At close to $2000 (for the stage 7 kit's I would like to build) by the time I've added import duty, tax and fees - Inland Revenue here consider the shipping costs as part of the total to be taxed! Price for UK sourced parts with the unstuffed PCB's about $1340 and that's using lower rated crossover components and no cabinet materials, hook-up wire, terminals..... I suppose its a testament to how much I'd like to give these a try that I'm even considering them at this price. I suspect the total build will equate to nearly $2000 and that buys some quite nice off the shelf speakers. But, if I go ahead (I have corners and I'd want to use them) it will be with the B&C units - I like my treble very smooth.

Paul

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Web site disapears?
Next Topic: Cabinet Material
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 30 07:18:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects