Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 crossover upgrades
Re: Motor Run caps....tried it .... [message #51137 is a reply to message #51127] Tue, 22 May 2007 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Frank Mena is currently offline  Frank Mena
Chancellor
I've replaced the caps in question with GE motor runs in the crossover but also bypassed the motor runs with much smaller auricaps I had around as well. For the life of me I can't remember the values of the smaller Auricaps except I know they were about 1 to 10%(?) of the value of the larger cap. Please don't quote me on those values as my memory ain't what it used to be! I'll have to take a look inside the cabinets again and see what i did.

I do know the sound became louder at the same volume setting with this new set up in the crossover. They have been in my Theater 4 pi's for about a year now and are not coming out. I do remember at the beginning I didn't like the motor runs until I added the smaller bypass caps which seemed to quicken things a bit and give me a bit more detail. Was it my imagination? Time for break-in? Who knows, I just liked it better with the auricaps in the crossover. You may have a different take! But I have to say Brothers in Arms (side 2 on vinyl) sounds fantastic over these puppies.

Have fun and experiment.
Frank M

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looking forward to a report from LSAF...
Next Topic: Xover Summing Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 13 18:21:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout