Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » RatShack 40-1034 Sub
Re: RatShack 40-1034 Sub [message #50912 is a reply to message #50866] Wed, 28 March 2007 05:28 Go to previous message
Herbsbuddy is currently offline  Herbsbuddy
Esquire
Correction:
2.9mm is much less than an inch and 13.0mm is a little over half of an inch. I was wrongly thinking 2.54mm = 1 inch but actually 2.54cm (25.4mm) = 1 inch so my original posting is off by a factor of 10 which I am correcting here. Also the distortion "cleaned up" by isobaric mounting is called 2nd order harmonic distortion. Basically by 2 identical woofers working together in a push-pull configuration, this distortion is greatly lessened compared to just a single woofer. Also the Vas of an isobaric woofer pair is half of that of a single woofer which means the pair can be placed in an enclosure 1/2 the volume (size) of that of a single woofer with a very similar frequency curve. The clamshell isobaric orientation is very simple to use just make sure the surround on your woofers doesn't extend past the gasket segments of your woofer at rest position otherwise there may be issues when mounting them isobarically.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I think I found a substitute for the 2123 in 3-way
Next Topic: One Pi- Laurels and Nits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 13:50:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects