Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional?
Re: Go Professional Series [message #50589 is a reply to message #50583] Tue, 23 January 2007 11:03 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I started the design process for a version of some of my speakers that used B&C components, including the DE250. But I've since abandoned it, at least for now. Other projects took priority, and I have several loudspeaker projects in the queue that I haven't dropped. The B&C work just had to be left for now because of lack of time.

As for comparisons between the Eminence PSD2002 and the JBL 2426, there is more HF energy from the PSD2002 but the 2426 is smoother. They're definitely two different drivers with two different characteristics. That said, I still recommend using the same tweeter compensation circuit on my passive crossovers. The reason is that it provides the maximum augmentation possible from a passive network. With the Eminence driver, it's just enough to get flat average SPL up to 16kHz. The JBL 2426 will have falling response, even with passive compensation, but there's no more augmentation possible from a passive network. The augmentation is really just removing attenuation, so once all attenuation is removed, no more HF augmentation is possible.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message