Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Cabinet
Re: 4 Pi Cabinet [message #49705 is a reply to message #49704] Wed, 12 July 2006 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Didn't I warn you about having to bring your own saw to Commonwealth? I drive a compact car, so that's why I go all the way up to Century Mill where they will cut it for you.

Don't discount future horns yet. The best you can do at this point is to place the woofer as close to the top as possible for future flexibility.

For the t-nuts, drill a 1/4" hole right through the baffle for the bolt. Then from the back, drill a wider opening for the t-nut, but only as deep as it needs to be. Use a drill-stop to control depth. Masking tape on the drill bit works too. Then like you said, use a power driver and bolt to pull the t-nut in.

I've never heard of Acoustic Horn, but for the price they charge, I would consider a pair of Martinelli horns. Gorgeous and sounds great.

Let me know if you plan on flush mounting the woofer. I have a couple of lessons learned from first hand mistakes I want to share with you.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Vb vs Damping and Acoustic Absorption
Next Topic: Are notches required on 12pi?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 00:56:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio