Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP
Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP [message #49394 is a reply to message #49390] Fri, 28 April 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tobias is currently offline  Tobias
Chancellor

Ed, I have only positioned my Seven Pi on the short wall of my 16 x 20 room, so I can't make the comparison between short vs long. When seated my ears are currently ~5-6' back from the convergence point, althouh ideally I'd like to be a few feet closer. Sitting back to far from the convergence point flattens the soundstage, and makes the performance to far removed for my tastes. Sitting right at the convergence point is more like nearfield listening to conventional speakers. Actually very nice if you like to be immersed in the soundstage. A few feet back from the convergence point gives me the right balance. It will probably come down to your personal preferences. Even changing the angle of the high frequency compression driver can alter the presentation quite a bit, so experimentation is your best bet to finding what works for you.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cornerhorns for this room?
Next Topic: 2 pi and PiAlign program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 11:32:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout