Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 Tweaking - Wayne?
Re: Theater 4 Tweaking - Wayne? [message #49137 is a reply to message #49127] Thu, 16 March 2006 21:22 Go to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Hi Garland,
I don't want to overstate. It's a little thing I'm sure, but I heard it straight away. I like the partition config because it magnifies effect. The same effect that led me to spend an afternoon in a mask with yellow cotton candy glued to my gloves, so more for free is good to me. I will do all my boxes like this now, guess that says it best.

Wayne mentioned the lower mids, and thats just it. It seems like everytime I have to add eq to a kick drum track it's the mids. I find it mostly from 250-1000 Hz. I used to never associate this range with this instrument, but try it. Put a song with a snappy(but not clicky) bass drum sound(I like "Home at Last"[Steely Dan - Aja]) in your Windows Media Player and turn the EQ's 250-1K range all the way down. Sure you still hear the drum, but the toe tappin' snap is gone. I realize cabinet colorations are a lot more subtle, but we're going for frequency range demonstation here.

Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question about matching tweet to woof???
Next Topic: Other Fours..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 19:21:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout