Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » On the fence - Klipsch or Pi?
Re: On the fence - Klipsch or Pi? [message #49047 is a reply to message #49043] Tue, 07 March 2006 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Allow me to chime in. I am not real familiar with the RF 5's but before I built my Theater 4's I owned a pair of Cornwalls. Those are 15" three way mid-tweeter horn/bass reflex woofer. They are very nice musical speakers. I sold them after completeing the Pi T-4's. The 4's are a more involving speaker. Now that might be due to better quality drivers and better boxes since when you build things yourself you can get much better parts into your project.
Wayne sells his kits ridiculously cheap for what you get; just about cost. But the speakers; The 4's are fundamentally more powerfull sounding and pressurise the room better. Everywhere you sit in the room the sound is full/deep and musical. They really push the mids the way you hear it in a live setting. The Klipsch Speakers sound more like loudspeakers and less like live music. Thats what I notice. I have a friend who is having a pair of Stage 4 speakers built for him. The total price on delivery is about half of the price of anything even close to the quality level he is getting.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL tent sales
Next Topic: Kit Buying
Goto Forum: