Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » two towers vs. theater 4's
Re: two towers vs. theater 4's [message #48904 is a reply to message #48898] Sat, 18 February 2006 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Troy Moore is currently offline  Troy Moore
Esquire
Elektratig,
Thanks for the helpful comments. Nintey nine percent of the time I listen to music on my "home theater" which consists of an inexpensive a/v receiver with two pi towers in front and a one pi center channel. My mega-buck high end speakers are now serving as rear surround speakers and my amp is gathering dust. I've been planning on building a pair of two pi speakers to serve as rear surrounds, but recently began thinking about moving the towers to the rear and building a pair of theater 4s for the front.

I really like the towers, and in my present setup they are nearly perfect, much more enjoyable to listen to than my high-end speakers, but on those rare occasions that I am home alone and can listen to music by myself, I sometimes miss that little bit of extra refinement that the high-end speakers have. I thought that the 4s just might give me the best of both worlds. I listen to a wide variety of music, rock, jazz, blues and classical.

Does anyone have suggestions on a simple diy amp that I could try my hand at?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: pi question
Next Topic: I had to do it Wayne...
Goto Forum: