Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Magnet wire ok as speaker wire?
My system exactly! [message #48850 is a reply to message #48840] Tue, 14 February 2006 11:51 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Heavy metal up-graded Paramours with 76 drivers, Transformer output(parafeed) Foreplay I, Theater 4's and 24awg (I think) magnet wire bi-wired speaker cables. I use single runs and get great sound. I understand that with lower power (ie.2A3's) there is plenty of copper in these thin wires for the signal to flow. Bass responce is much better than with my old Audioquest hoses and dynamics are great as well. As for other 2A3 amps driving my Theater 4s I have less experience but I feel my parafeed Paramours out powered (subjective dynamics) my EL-84 PP Heathkit amp(17WPC) and another higher powered SE amp that was not parafed and will go unidentified to maintain friendship. Parafeed amps do the bass/ macrodynamics thing very well with proper tuning of the choke and output cap.
FWIW, I'm just gearing up to evaluate Bill E.s recommended Royal able and will post comments in the future.

G.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans Please
Next Topic: B&C and eigthteensound look alike ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 06:27:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio