Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » TAD TD-4001 Passive Crossover Suggestions Wanted!
Wayne, need a favor here. [message #48608 is a reply to message #48594] Fri, 13 January 2006 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I bought a new computer last year and I lost the crossover document, so could you send me another copy? Plus the one I used to have did not have the 1khz and 1.2khz crossovers.

Thanks!

By the way, I hope you don't mind, but when on my other forums(audioheritage and audiokarma), I usually reference you when describing my systems. Also there are some who need crossover help and your crossover document has a lot of good info in it which many folks appreciate.

I have found the 2nd order lo-pass and 3rd order hi-pass crossover topolgy to mesh very well with horn systems.

My other favorite is 1st order with horns and amps less than 3 watts. It is not a exact science though, I have found that actual listening and swapping caps and coils to help fine tune a system that is in a restricted acoustical environment.

Another of my "breaking the rules" is using a 16 ohm compression driver with your crossovers without changing R1 and R2 along with the HF comp cap. Then I swap a component and listen until I have listened to the range of values for the best result. I usually don't vary more than 10% of the original values, and less than 5% is I change more than one value.

With those little tweaks I have been able to make up for my rooms faults sometimes with great success.

Regards, Ron

PS: the forum has my e-mail if you don't already have it on file!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: mid horn box size?