Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Seven pi corner
Re: Yes, and the pros and cons please. [message #48597 is a reply to message #48578] Thu, 12 January 2006 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

I bought a pair of Theater series pi 7's with the Emminence (Deltas I think) then heard other horn systems at an audio get together. The Pi 7's with the Emminence drivers just didn't sound clean after hearing the other systems. Note that there were a LOT more bucks in the other systems than I had in the Pi 7's.

I changed to what I did partly because the first horns I heard were Klipsch cornerhorns and the K15's were one of the speakers used in them. Part of this whole journey for me is "playing around". I enjoy myself as do a majority of other people in the DIY forums.

If I was just going for good sound with no playing around I'd just pick up one of Waynes kits including his crossovers with the JBL drivers and expect better sound than I currently have. I'd buy the wood locally though. This opinion is based completely on respect for Waynes knowledge related to audio.

Wipe that smile off your face Wayne ;-).

Grant.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anybody with plans and circuit for 12" based 3 ways?
Next Topic: speaker advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 13:12:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout