Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » inductor and mid driver questions
Re: inductor and mid driver questions [message #48507 is a reply to message #48503] Fri, 30 December 2005 23:23 Go to previous message
braddog100 is currently offline  braddog100
Chancellor
Thank you Matts for your time. Wayne has been very helpful. I'm learning quite a bit right now. Realized the value of reading on the site before I reveal myself "an Idiot". I hope readers enjoyed my joke earlier, ...I thought it was funny. I have alot of parts right now. All are Cerwin Vega. Not the best Fi. I rebuilt a pair of 12" based 3 ways that actually sound pretty Good using solens and jansen inductors, Axon T1s's were a good replacement for the non-tweeters installed. I have 2) 12" woofers and 2) 15" woofers. and 4 empty cabs (all too boomy) before I invest in anything more I'm going to build a set of 2 pi's towers, limited budget. I do enjoy the 3 ways but I run mostly tube gear and need better impedence. The 4 ohm pair is a bit thin. They sure sound good thru a Pioneer SX1250 preamp section upgraded with Muse ES caps.

Reading earlier I noticed someone making reference to bi amping.
The pioneer (biggest they made) would be very good for the 12's and 15's, Tubes driving quality mid's with vifa's. I'm not sure...
I think I will probably find that the bass in the tower 2's is all I need.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2Pi Tower tuning
Next Topic: djk Re: KSN-
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 20 00:24:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects