Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » tweeter review
Re: tweeter review [message #48376 is a reply to message #48375] Thu, 08 December 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Thanks Grant. My listening room measures 18x13 with 12 ft ceilings, and the corner placement should put me in a sweet spot when I'm on the pc. My intention is one of Wayne's speaker kits, I'll do the box. After fitz's braintwisting boxes, the Pi7's look pretty easy. But my EE skills are way too rusty to design crossovers for some other drivers, and I trust Wayne's judgment on them. He's the EE, not me. Except for the pro audio stuff I've been doing on fitzmaurice, my audio jones has been dormant for quite a while.

One of the things I find really important to me is imaging. My old EPI's are very good at it, but lack the impact you describe. I want to dig out my old vinyl and listen like I used to. Neighbors calling, dogs barking, but this time with really fine gear. They'll be the first step in rebuilding a system after 18yrs of kids, house, and other priorities.

Ready for flames here, I think the audiophile grade cable stuff is mostly bs and mirrors. Nobody needs to spend 1k on wire. Buy good quality, but be real. They're hearing it because they want to.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stage Four pi 18"