Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great Plains Audio Club meeting pics - November 19, 2005
Re: Great Plains Audio Club meeting pics - November 19, 2005 [message #48289 is a reply to message #48273] Wed, 23 November 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Wayne,

"We listened to this speaker with and without a midrange notch filter. It also had a BSC, which was left in place. Comparison of the Lowther with the notch filter to the same setup without, as one might expect, the speaker was a little strident when the filter was removed. Some thought it more revealing without the notch filter, others thought it too shrill. Again, these are common reactions to Lowthers."

I am confused. From your description, it sounds like there was both a notch filter and a BSC filter. Can somebody tell me the values and layout of the filters since I have not seen this arrangment? What specifically was removed? I probably should know this already, but which EX driver was used? Just want to make sure I understand the set-up when reviewing the comments about the design so that I learn and make the next design even better.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message