Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heat exchangers Wayne
Re: paradigm shift [message #48072 is a reply to message #48071] Tue, 25 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
"turbulence verses laminar flow"

Always a pleasure to have a discussion with a well read person. I plan to test. The owner of the video/audio store here in town is a friend of mine, I think I'll see if he'll let me use his shop for an afternoon. About all I have is a DVM, which I mostly use for house and vehicles. Rather than kludge something up with it and my computer, a real scope and tone generator would be easier. I'm also going to do some spike testing with "real world" program.

Because the chamber is larger than in a lab or the Pi, my rod's longer than yours I'm going to slot the vent side rather than drill holes, due to laminar flow. It will have far less turbulence even than the bug screen.

Not to knock eminence, but I'd bet that the vent size is rather arbitrary. Just make it as big as the coil and gap allow, and see what happens. Reality in the mfg world. You have to design something marketable, and cannot take every factor into account.

You're on to something here, whether PSW likes it or not. If I can gain 3db with chunk of aluminum, or save a $130 driver, that's a bargain.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I am a new visitor to this forum
Next Topic: Stage 4 Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 21 14:43:19 CDT 2024