Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » ** Pi chart request **
Re: ** Pi chart request ** [message #47901 is a reply to message #47898] Fri, 07 October 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,

Have you ever run a impedance curve test to see? Would be quick and easy with WT2 from PE.

I take it from your last post that the staggered impedance of the 2 drivers flatten out the impedance and that there is probably only a few occurences where the impedance would drop below say 6 ohms, right???

It also seems if the above is true, then a zoebel is not required which reduces the parts count also. That would be very convenient and save some $$$ in the long run.

Now it seems the only problem I have to breadboard this system is to move things around in the house(easier said than done!) The one thing different for me will be trying the JBL 2242 18" in a 9 cubic ft box tuned to 30hz, I was the lucky person in the right place and the right time to get these cabinets built by a "JBL" guru who wants to remain anonymous. They have 2' x 4' bracing and 2 x 6" dia by 13.5" ports. This driver is currently doing sub duty and kicks butt! I can never listen to a 12" or lame 15" sub ever again!!!

Later, Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Midrange
Next Topic: pi7 midhorn reflections.